[tei-council] Agenda for conference call of the TEI Council on 2005-03-29 at 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Mar 28 01:38:22 EST 2005

TEI Council Members and Editors:

This is the agenda for the conference call the TEI Council will
hold tomorrow, Tuesday, March. 29, 2005 at 1300 UTC.

Please read through the following, in advance of the call.

INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:

Participants will dial in to +1 812 856 3550.

When prompted, enter the code "0920" followed by "#".

Expected members to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, Lou Burnard, James Cummings, Matthew
Driscoll, Julia Flanders, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent Romary, Natasha
Smith, Susan Schreibman, Edward Vanhoutte, John Walsh, Perry Willett,
Christian Wittern.

Agenda:

6 items, not more than 10-20 minutes apiece.

1) Review of the minutes from the call of Jan. 31th (10 min)

   Minutes of the meeting are at
   http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm15.html. Review of action items,
   progress.

2) Review of WG etc. progress (10 min) :

  Standoff Markup,  Feature Structures, Physical
  Bibliography, biblItem, IHS

3) P5 progress

Christain Wittern writes:  (20 min)

"I assume that council members are by now familiar with edw81, at
http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw81.html, which lays out more or less
what needs to be done.  I am wondering if we could ask council members
to adopt two or three chapters and look carefully at them in light of
the issues outlined in edw81 and propose changes.  This seems more
workable than expecting everybody to look at all.  If this seems
acceptable, I would propose that we assign the chapters to council
members on Tuesday.  Please look at edw81 once again and think about
which chapter you would like to adopt."

In preparation, council members are also encouraged to look at the P5
CVS available from tei.sf.net

We will also need to think about other open issues of P5, e.g. a
review of the tei class system.

4) Council work procedure for resolving open issues in the SF tracking
   system (10 min)

Since the last call, we tried to implement a procedure to resolve
stuff on SF.  I'd like to review and refine the procedure in light of
our experiences.

5) Other business  (5 minutes)

   TBA

6) Meetings: (5 minutes)

   Face to Face meeting in Paris, AFNOR April 28-29, 2005.