[tei-council] parsing odds

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Mar 26 18:26:39 EST 2005

Sebastian, Lou, Council members

I wonder if this is the right place to raise this, but anyway:

In trying to do something useful with the P5 sources, I tried to
inject them into eXist.  Using the scripts on sf did not produce
anything at all (eXist complains about data not being allowed in the
prolog of teinames.xml etc.), so I used client.sh to upload the
sources.

To my surprise, I found that 29 of the .odd files would not parse. The
reason is that they use entities which have not been declared within
the file (since there is no internal subset in the file, appearently
they are only ment to be referenced from the driver file).  One
solution that has been proposed for this general problem is xinclude
(a recommendation now since Dec.2004). This allows to have internal
subsets, but files can nevertheless be referenced from a driver file.

So my question is:  Would it make sense to introduce xinclude here to
overcome this?  Am I missing somethign obvious or are there other
obstacles to this?

All the best,

Christian

--