[tei-council] CARP02: <measure> should be typed

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Thu Mar 24 12:13:06 EST 2005

CW> Thanks for your effort. While it might not be running smoothly
CW> yet, it looks like we do actually get some work done this
CW> way...

While you are correct, Christian, personally, I don't think the
"discuss on Sourceforge" plan worked all that well. Fewer than half
of the Council posted any comments at all.

Consideration and Resolution Prod #2
------------- --- ---------- ---- --
I am deliberately once again picking an item which I think Council
can simply solve, as opposed to determine a method to solve, over the
next week.

Some time ago John proposed that <measure> should be in the
'tei.typed' class, in which case it would gain both a type= and a
subtype= attribute.

The Sourceforge artifact is at
  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=980854&group_id=106328&atid=644065

I'd like to straighten all the attributes of <measure>. (Remember
that it won't have reg= anymore, as regularization will need to be
expressed as an element, in case it needs to have its language
indicated, e.g.)

We'll give Sourceforge another try. This means that *every* member of
Council should, *right now*, go to the above URL and (after logging
in, if needed) click on the "monitor" button. Even if you don't read
it now, even if you don't post soon (or ever -- which would be bad),
you should start monitoring now.