[tei-council] notes from this morning's call

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Nov 29 14:16:58 EST 2004

Syd Bauman wrote:

> The first draft of the notes from this morning's conference call are
> now available at
>   http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm14.html
>   http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm14.xml
>
> As always please read over and post any corrections.

Amazing fast turn round!

Some suggested corrections:
Under Finalize draft of MS:
"but concern was expressed that there has been no response to some of
the detailed comments that have been made."
-> Council agreed that once the draft was publicized, comments on it
should receive rapid attention from the MS taskforce.

"Councilors" (passim) -> "Council members" (for consistency)

"suggested that Councilors should look at items in the
             order they personally prefer"
-> "suggesting that Council members should feel free to look at and
comment on any items in which they were personally interested"

"available on the web" (add xref to
www.tei-c.org/Members/2004-Baltimore/ maybe?)

I would delete: "SB thought there
         was a reason for some, if not all, of these apparent
         discrepancies, but could not recall them. "

"xpointer schemes, if which discussion was deferred."

-> xpointer schemes, concerning which discussion was deferred. (till
when? should probly be an action point

I think describing Sebastian's stylesheets as a "problem" is pretty
cheeky but that's not relevant. On a matter of fact: yes the source
forge version is the only one which is currently being maintained, and
so any residual ones on the website should certainly be tidied up.
Likewise e.g. tei-emacs which I was about to do this morning when I had
to rush off to do something else...

"It was suggested that a small group to look at the broader
           view around this issue"

insert "be formed" maybe? And I thought the point was not to have more
broader discussion but to decide on whether or not the proposal is
acceptable as it stands?

"It was noted that we do not know who, other than PT, participated in
the creation of the current proposal."

Andreas Nolde and Bruce d'Arblay chiefly, I think. Isn't it in the
discussion log, which you (I thought) were a member of?