[tei-council] addendum to agenda (biblItem)

Laurent Romary Laurent.Romary at loria.fr
Sat Nov 27 02:35:57 EST 2004

Dear all,
As I will not be able to attend to conference call (another meeting
planned in Sarrebrucken at that time), I quickly give my view on this
topic:
- I have a strong intuition that the proposal based on biblItem is a
good direction to go (a lot of things are made clearer)
- I do not see why there is a need for relatedBiblItem, where a
recursive biblItem (together with the attributes that are contemplated)
would do the trick, it seems. My main arguments are:
	* design simplicity: why two objects with nearly the same semantics
should be so much differentiated
	* practicality and coherence: if the relatedBiblItem objects are
described elsewhere in the same or another document, then they are
likely to be described as biblItem. They would thus change nature
depending on whether a reference to them is made in an inline way
(relatedBiblItem) or stand-off way (biblItem)
Best
Laurent