[tei-council] xml-colon-thing

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 22 18:40:35 EST 2004

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Christian Wittern wrote:
>
>>We have been discussing these style-sheets on-and-off as if they were
>>part of P5, which they are not.  At the moment they are not even
>>officially "TEI-branded", they are just hacked together by Sebastian,
>>

> This is not entirely true. "The stylesheets" refers to both
> the general set I maintain, and also the ones which are needed
> to make P5 work (which were paid for by the NEH).  Syd
> refers to the latter - we need to fix "the stylesheets" now
> because they turn P5 ODDs into HTML and PDF, as well
> as any future job on general P5 documents.
>
> the changes are not a big deal, just fiddly, needing
> concentration over a couple of days.

Ah sorry, my fault.  I was talking, as you know, about those publicly
visible on the tei-c website.

>>I'd like to put this on the agenda if nobody convinces me otherwise.
>>

> If you can make it more specific than "what we shall we do about it",
> it would help. A specific proposal would be useful.

The first point to discuss would be if the Council thinks work in this
area needs to be done and should be charged by the Council.  If yes,
we need to think about a timeline, details of work to be done, find
people to do the work etc.  This is no small job, so we need to think
carefully about it.

At the moment, I think the first part is what we need to decide soon,
the other follows then.

All the  best,

Christian

--