[tei-council] Conference call Nov. 29

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 22 08:04:29 EST 2004

Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu> writes:

>> As usual, the active WGs are expected to report on their
>> progress. I would also like to ask the workgroups, especially SO,
>> to point us to updated documents etc. to allow the council
>> members to prepare for the discussion.
>
> Personally, I would really prefer we didn't bother with WG reports
> for WGs that haven't anything to report. (PB, SO, CE, MI jump to mind
> as likely candidates; of course the WG chairs would know better than
> I.)

I see your point. On the other hand, one of the purpose of these calls
is to provide the WG's with deadlines that spur them into activity.
No reports = no deadlines = no activity.  But I agree that to have
this play out better, an earlier reminder for the call would be
necessary.

CE is not active any more, BTW.

> That will leave more time for other agenda items, about which
> I'll try to say more tomorrow. But if nothing else, I think
> Councilors should really read SO W 09
> (http://www.tei-c.org[.uk]/Activities/SO/sow09.html) and ask enough
> questions on the list (and presumably get answers) before the call so
> that they can actually express a definitive opinion on this.

Please do so!

All the best,

Christian

--