[tei-council] Notes from today;s conference call

David G. Durand david.durand at ingenta.com
Thu Sep 30 14:40:07 EDT 2004

Several of Syd's models seemed complicated to me.

The easy way to do this is the following:

   element automobile {
     ( attribute engineType { "int_combustion" | "hybrid" | "electric" }
	  |         element engineType { text }
     ),
     text
     }

For IDREFS, a model like this would work kind of nicely.

element target {
	(element targets { xsd:anyURI+ } |
	 attribute target { xsd:anyURI } )

Actually, if we just allow the declaration of an attribute in the
declaration of an element, can't we get this? So you could just use
almost exactly the syntax above.

The explicit attribute spec could be replaced by a pattern name, for a
pattern generated by the ODD attribute list declaration, for something
like this:

element target {
	(element targets { xsd:anyURI+ } |
	 tei.attribute.target )

not REALLY ready to propose a syntax, but it looks not as bad as it
might seem.

   -- David

David G. Durand
Director, Electronic Publishing Services
Ingenta Inc.
111R Chestnut St.
Providence, RI  02903 USA

T: +1 401-331-2014 x111