[tei-council] Council telephone conference on Sep. 20

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Sep 13 12:02:29 EDT 2004

As I indicated in a posting to this list last week, the most useful
thing for council members to do (from the editors' point of view)
would be to take a look at the various suggestions for change which have
been made, and which are freely available from the TEI's source forge site.

As I envisage it, the Council is the chief agency for finally deciding
what goes into the technical make up of the Guidelines. It is the
authority for the decisions which humble editors have to implement. It
cannot do that job unless it has at least some opinions on the various
suggestions which the editors have to address!

We have promised to present the members meeting with a list of agreed
enhancements for P5. I don't see that being based on anything but the
editors' vague feelings of what might work unless we get some input from
the Council really soon.

Lou