MIGRATION ISSUES AS DISCUSSED DURING TEI-COUNCIL MEETING AT GENT

Alejandro Bia alex.bia at ua.es
Thu May 13 09:21:33 EDT 2004

MIGRATION ISSUES AS DISCUSSED DURING TEI-COUNCIL MEETING AT GENT

During the slot dedicated to TEI Migration, the following issues arised:

(These are my personal notes. I apologize for possible mistakes or omissions.)

- Is Sarah still working on migration?
- NEH extension deadline?
- Report to NEH by Daniel: deadline? who does it?
- MIW02 and 03 docs. must be finished by annual meeting
- We should meet during ALLC2004 for final review of docs.
- Cases will be finally reviewed by Susan and Natasha
- TEI-M WG will become advisory group on migration issues
- Future work:
   - New document needs may arise as new problems or cases appear
   - New tools or modifications may appear that should be documented
- TEI-MM mailing list keeps on
- Website needs review and improvements (broken links, ghost CSS, update on
tools)
- Dissemination strategies:
   - Communication at the TEI-L list
   - Presentations at: LREC, ALLC, Member's meeting
   - We must ask for a slot to be left at member's meeting for a migration
presentation

Regards,
Alex.-

ALEJANDRO G. BIA
e-mail: alex.bia at ua.es

Work address:
   Head of Research and Development
   Miguel de Cervantes Digital Library
   University of Alicante (Ed. Institutos)
   Apdo. de correos 99, E-03080, Alicante, SPAIN
   Phone: (+34)965909567     Fax: (+34)965909477
   http://cervantesvirtual.com/
   http://cervantesvirtual.com/research/articles/

Teaching:
   Department of Computer Languages and Information Systems (DLSI)
   University of Alicante (Politécnica 4)
   Apdo. de correos 99, E-03080, Alicante, SPAIN
   Fax: (+34)965909326
   http://www.dlsi.ua.es/
   abia at dlsi.ua.es

Home address: