Draft agenda for c-call on March 30th, 1300 UTC

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Mar 26 19:01:36 EST 2004

TEI Council Members and Editors:

This is a reminder that the TEI Council will hold a conference call on
Tuesday, March 30th, at 1300 UTC.  Here is the draft agenda, please
inform me if something needs to be changed.

Please read through the following, in advance of the call.  If you cannot
take part, or are not ready to report as listed below, please let me
know.  If you want council members to look at additional or different
materials for something listed below, just send a note to
tei-council at lists.village.virginia.edu.  If you think there should be other
items on this agenda, let me know as soon as possible.

INSTRUCTIONS for conference call:

US participants can dial a toll-free number:

1-800-565-9881

Once you're connected, dial 239046# and you should be connected shortly.

Participants from outside the US will have to make a long-distance call to the US:
+1 416 695 7870
and then follow the same instructions.

Expected to participate:

Syd Bauman, Alejandro Bia, David Birnbaum, Lou Burnard, Matthew
Driscoll, David Durand, Julia Flanders, Sebastian Rahtz, Laurent
Romary, Natasha Smith, Susan Schreibman, Edward Vanhoutte, Perry
Willett, Christian Wittern.

Laurent Romary might not be available pending on telecommunications
availability during travel.

Agenda:

9 items, not more than 15 minutes apiece.

Minutes of the last call are at http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcm09.html
Review of action items, progress.

2) Update from Christian Wittern on Character Encoding Workgroup (5 minutes)

Charge at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/ce01.html, website at
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/CE, please look especially at
http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/CE/CEW06/draft.html.

3)  Update from David Durand on the Stand-Off Markup Working Group (5 minutes)
(Charter at http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/edw74.html, website http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/SO/)

4) Report from Laurent Romary (or Lou Burnard) on progress of the
Feature Structures Working Group.  (5 minutes)

(Charter at http://www.tei-c.org/FS/tcw01.html, website http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/FS/)

5) Update on the Taskforce on Manuscript Description by David Birnbaum

(Charge at http://www.tei-c.org/Council/tcw04.html, website http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/MS/)

Please look especially at http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/MS/msw03.html

6) Update from Sebastian Rahtz on Metalanguage Workgroup (20 minutes)

Charge at: http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/META/

The document http://www.tei-c.org/Activities/META/TD-Draft/TD.html is
not yet updated to reflect changes made during the AFNOR meeting, but
I assume this will happen prior to our call.

7) New workgroup proposal

As detailed in the following message:
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archive/tei-council/0777.html
(the userid/password is the same as for the TEI Members webpages)
Julia Flanders proposes the charge of a new workgroup.

 Council meeting in Gent.

--

 Christian Wittern