TEI Council Meeting

Edward Vanhoutte edward.vanhoutte at kantl.be
Wed Mar 3 03:45:54 EST 2004

> We start the meeting around 2 on May 13th and continue the next full
> day (9-17).  May 15 (9-13) would be kept as a reserve, in case we do not
> finish the agenda in time on Friday, otherwise we are free on Saturday
> for other things.

I'll book the rooms for those dates/hours. A free day sounds wonderful, cause there's a lot to discover in Belgium, and all very close to Gent.

Council members interested in scholarly editing might be interested in a one day international colloquium on Manuscript-Variant-Genetics which the CTB co-organizes together with the dept. of arts of the university of Leuven.  The colloquium takes place in Leuven (another beautiful little historic town) on May 12th. The afternoon session will be in English, featuring speakers like Peter Shillingsburg, Domenico Fiormonte, Dirk Van Hulle, Ron  Van den Branden and myself. The morning session will be Dutch only featuring speakers like HTM Van Vliet, Bodo Plachta, Yves T'Sjoen, Marcel De Smedt. You're all cordially invited to this colloquium. A final programme and website have not been set up yet, but registration is open via this way.

Also: anyone planning to stay a couple of days longer and whilst doing so, willing to give a 1 hour lecture in the series Seminar in Electronic Editing at the Centre for Scholarly Editing and Document Studies on Monday May 18th? The rather small audience consists of the researchers of the Centre and some other interested academics. I'm afraid we can't pay for hotel costs, but we will give you 100 euro pocket money to spend.

Best,

Edward Vanhoutte

> Does this sound workable?
>
> All the best,
>
> Christian
>
> --
>
>  Christian Wittern
>  Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
>  47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN

Edward Vanhoutte
Coordinator
Centrum voor Teksteditie en Bronnenstudie - CTB (KANTL)
Centre for Scholarly Editing and Document Studies
Reviews Editor, Literary and Linguistic Computing
Koninklijke Academie voor Nederlandse Taal- en Letterkunde
Royal Academy of Dutch Language and Literature
Koningstraat 18 / b-9000 Gent / Belgium
tel: +32 9 265 93 51 / fax: +32 9 265 93 49
edward.vanhoutte at kantl.be
http://www.kantl.be/ctb/
http://www.kantl.be/ctb/vanhoutte/
http://www.kantl.be/ctb/staff/edward.htm