[Fwd: Debian TEI delay]

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at brown.edu
Mon Jan 26 23:03:51 EST 2004

> I regard the Guidelines as a separate issue.

Although given the recent developments I'm beginning to agree with
you that speed is more important than I had thought, I think whether
the Guidelines are separate or not, they should be freed at roughly
the same time, i.e., in time to be put into Debian/main. True, we
could release just the DTDs with a pointer in the header comment in
each to the Guidelines available on the web, but that's not the right
way to do things -- the Guidelines should be available in a Debian
package so the documentation for the DTDs can go along with them for
those rare occasions when you're staying in a hotel without a good
net connection. This is true for the documentation that accompanies
any system.

> notice saying that this is a compiled product which should not be
> modified at all, but without claiming copyright over the whole
> thing

Sounds right.