META workgroup report, agenda items

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Jan 21 21:46:31 EST 2004

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Moving on to the agenda for next week
> http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Activities/META/mew07.html is a summary
> report drafted by Lou and myself, which contains a series
> of proposals which we would like the council to endorse next week
> if possible. The infrastructure revisions for P5 have now reached the
> point where
> the Council needs to approve work so far, before any
> further work can be done. This approval would clear the
> ground for a proposal to put before the Council in May which
> would hopefully result in a public release of something.

In Mew07, you mention "Character encoding" as a chapter that will be
substantially revised -- I assume you mean Chapter 4: "Languages and
Character sets".  I'd prefer to stay with this title.

The document //TEI/P5/ChangeLog seems not to be accessible, but I am
nevertheless impressed by the amount of work (and changes) you are
reporting.  We might need to consider a more formal way of testing all
these changes...

All the best,

Christian

--