Thank you and good bye to outgoing Council members

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 30 02:44:47 EST 2003

Dear colleagues,

As the year approaches its end, all of Japan is busy clearing out
shops and poaches, washing cars and houses, wiping Buddhas and
Bodhisattvas and testing the temple gongs to make sure everything is
ready for the New Year.  All of Japan? No, there is the occasional
foreigner, still not used to these customs, hacking away on its
keyboard to send out some last email messages before the network
cables and switches will also be shut down for cleaning (or so I
assume).

With the end of this year, the terms on the Council of Merrilee
Proffitt and Tomaz Erjavec will be fulfilled.  I would like to take
this opportunity to thank both of you for your time and devotion (even
with telephone conferences at 5AM and the like) to the TEI Consortium,
its members and the council.  I am sure we will be able continue to
count on your support and expertise as a member of the TEI community.

I hope this message finds all of you in good spirits and I wish you
have a good beginning of the New Year 2004, whatever it might hold for
you and the TEI.

All the best,

Christian Wittern

--