TEI Lite copyright notice

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at brown.edu
Fri May 30 09:03:41 EDT 2003

While I think the text of a copyright notice is for the Board to
decide, since the Council is already discussing the issue, a
recommendation from the Council to the Board seems appropriate. So
the main question, then, is

  "what should the TEI Lite copyright notice read?"

Corollary: when we change the copyright notice, should we update the
version number as well? I'm inclined to say yes, the version number
should be updated to 'P4:2003-06' (or 'P4:2003-05' if we work very
fast :-), and should appear in the public text description portion of
the suggested FPI for referring to TEI Lite.