Draft minutes now available for comment

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Wed May 21 15:23:59 EDT 2003

Thanks, Lou, for taking and posting these--and thanks to Sebastian,
also, for hosting the meeting.

In item 4, I think it should be noted that the Council was skeptical
about the proposed timetable for putting a feature-structures proposal
forward to ISO.  My notes are incomplete on this, but I do remember
Tomaz, in particular, felt that it was not likely that we would be
finished with our own internal review and revision of the documentation
in time to have a version that ISO could vote to adopt.  If I remember
correctly, this internal work would need to be completed by September.

Item 13: it is not true that there's no program committee for the 2003
members' meeting. That committee was established during the last
face-to-face board meeting, in Chicago, and it consists of Peter
Robinson, Syd Bauman, and Laurent Romary.

Item 18: that's not a face to face meeting, but rather a conference
call.  We did not decide a date, but we did say the call would take
place in September. I have just added Harold Short to the TEI-Council
email list, and I will ask him to take on the planning of that call,
since he will be my replacement on the council, as chair of the board,
if not the council.  The next face to face meeting might be at the
members' meeting, if enough council members attend.