licensing -- will GFDL work?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue May 20 12:40:22 EDT 2003

> The only thing that worries me is that I don't think the FSF is
> entirely rational; I would not want to be bound by their
> interpretation -- or the target of one of their campaigns, if we rub
> them the wrong way.

true. speaking as someone marginally involved in a two year argument
with Debian about LaTeX licensing, I can testify
to the exhausting nature of these discussions :-}

but getting things in the open is always good. if the FSF
take against us, lets get started on the battle sooner rather
than later. The best way to get them to hate us is to develop
a new license, mind you....

my yardstick remains docbook. there is no sign of abuse
of intention in that community, which is a lot nastier than ours.