Manuscript description documents

M. J. Driscoll mjd at hum.ku.dk
Tue May 13 10:04:46 EDT 2003

My fellow council members,

Among the documents available on the webpage for the
Manuscript Description Task Force (http://www.tei-
c.org/Activities/MS/) is my preliminary review of the TEI-MMSS
draft (also available there). This document was intended
principally to establish where and how that system differs from
MASTER, and was written mostly for the members of the task-
force, myself included. I have no objection to members of the
council reading it (which is why it is there), but do want to make
clear that the views presented there are my own and not
necessarily those of the other members of the task force.
Unfortunately, it has not proved possible for us to finalise our
recommendations in the time we've had, but we hope to be able to
do so soon.

MJD