Directions for getting to Oxford from Gatwick

Burnard Towers lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Fri May 2 03:44:14 EDT 2003

Not such a quick journey as Heathrow, but quite easy. You can  take the X70
bus, http://www.theairline.info/lgw_tt.htm,  which leaves from outside  both
N and S terminals every hour, and takes two hours. Or (if you're lucky) you
can get a train. There are a few non-stop services, but usually you will
need to change at Reading. There are online rail timetables at many places,
e.g. www.thetrainline.com, but British train's timekeeping is not a strong
point. The rail journey also takes about 2 hours -- maybe longer if you get
on the wrong (stopping) train. The train station is right inside the airport
terminal though.

If anyone is wondering how to get here from Stansted, my advice is....
don't.