Endorsement of edw54

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Feb 2 20:16:25 EST 2003

Burnard Towers <lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> The minutes of the council meeting in London last year (TCM01) include an
> action on council members to review document EDW54, the one which defines
> Workgroup procedures in general, so that it can be "enacted" as TEI policy.
> The minutes of the next council meeting (TCM02) show no discussion of this
> action, nor does it seem to have been mentioned subsequently. As this is
> rather an important part of the way the TEI technical work is defined and
> carried out, I would like to place this once more on the agenda. Could all
> council members PLEASE review this document and VOTE on one of the following
> propositions:
>
> A: "EDW54 is endorsed by the TEI Council as defining approved procedures for
> all TEI Workgroups"
> B: "EDW54 is in need of modification before it can be adopted by the Council
> as defining approved procedures for all TEI Workgroups"
> (If you vote B, you probably also need to make some suggestion about the
> kinds of modification you think necessary)

In light of Lou's  other post "Naming of Things", I do not see where
EDW54 says that WG heads are "ex officio" Council members.  This has
not been stated before (I think) and if that is the fact, I feel it
should be mentioned in EDW54.  I vote "B" therefore.

All the best,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern