Web site update summary

Burnard Towers lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Feb 2 18:51:41 EST 2003

1. Workgroup charters etc.

I have now updated the Council section of the website to include the
following:

  TCM04: minutes from last phone conversation
* TCW01: draft charge for the joint ISO/TEI work group on Feature Structures
  TCW02: draft working paper on P5 ("Towards the son of Odd...")
  TCW03: draft charge for the Metalanguage Taskforce

As usual, to read one of these documents, point your browser at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/xxxx.html or .xml, replacing xxxx by the
document ID given above, but in lowercase.

These documents are intended for review and comment by the council, so they
are not explicitly linked to from the index page at
http://www.tei-c.org/Council/index.html (except for the minutes, which I am
now assuming have been approved). Starred items have not yet been confirmed
by the respective chair of the group.

Still to come is

* TCW04: draft charge for the Manuscript Description Taskforce: I have sent
Matthew some comments on that and am    waiting for feedback

2. Who's who

I have revised the Council and Board membership lists on the Consortium part
of the website: please check I have your name and affiliation right!
Apologies for being so tardy in doing this: it completely slipped my memory.

3. TEI P4 in XML

After extensive debate at the Pisa meeting, Sebastian produced a version of
the text of P4 in P4-conformant XML, which the Council was asked to review.
No feedback has been received on this yet: I have put it on the website at
http://www.tei-c.org/Drafts/P4/index.html if anyone would like to take a
look. If the Council is happy with this in its current form, I could add a
link to it from the main Guidelines page. Personally, I continue to have
some reservations about it.

4. Applications page

This is looking a bit better than it was: in particular there is now an
online form for people to use when supplying descriptions of their projects.
I have asked the Oxford Text Archive to help me catch up on the backlog. In
return, the OTA wants to spam TEI applications with a request for deposits:
I think this is a fair exchange, but thought I ought to mention it here.