Proposal on SDATA-replacement in XML

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 31 04:53:12 EST 2003

Dear Council members,

At the last telephone call on Jan. 21, I promised to submit the SDATA
proposal to the council today.  Two drafts for this have been
discussed in the Character Encoding WG, but so far no consensus has
been reached, in fact there was strong opposition to submitting such a
proposal at all.  We will need some more time to sort this out, so I
would like to be permitted to report back on this four weeks from
today.

Concern has also been raised as to in who's name this will be
submitted to the W3C, since the TEI is not a member and apparently
their is no avenue for this for non-members.

I hope this will find the agreement of the TEI council members.

All the best,

Christian Wittern

--

 Christian Wittern