proposed letter to Faulhaber, Chesnutt

Merrilee Proffitt Merrilee_Proffitt at notes.rlg.org
Thu Dec 5 20:04:10 EST 2002

Yes, it's true, and Charles will say that the proper TEI way is "not
obvious and too hard," and that he wanted to have something that was easy
to use (I though emacs was easy enough, but he disagreed).  So he should be
encouraged to make the transcription dtd available in the proper extension
file way, in addition to the way he has it available now (and the TEI would
I guess archive the extension files and not the NoteTab apparatus.  This
will be kind of a trick, because the DTD is a standalone deal, and as far
as I know, it was never properly extension-ized.

Merrilee