proposed letter to Faulhaber, Chesnutt

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 5 16:48:06 EST 2002

At 11:36 AM 12/5/2002 -0500, David B. wrote:

>cautious about undertaking certification because I'm not sure that
>conformance testing or other validation or verification procedures would
>be a good investment of Consortium resources. David's remark about a
>fee-based service might answer that concern, and we could view it as the
>same sort of arrangement as we have for Consortium-certified training
>workshops.

I agree, but (as my reply to David D. indicates) I think it's worth
investigating, and if the principals on either of these projects is willing
to help us do that, I can imagine for-fee certification as a grant-funded
activity of TEI-based projects being a feasible thing to offer and a useful
thing to receive.  I promise  not to promise too much, just an opportunity
to talk about what it might be, and help us think about how to do it.