in re: P5

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Tue Nov 26 07:58:11 EST 2002

Regarding the schedule for P5, which is item 9 on our agenda, here's
Sebastian's proposed schedule from last June:

   1. The proposal for "son of ODD" markup should be completed by
      12/2002. Responsibility for the initial draft to lie with
      LB and SR.

   2. At the start of 2003, we
       a) release (hopefully) a P4 supplement with the character set
          revision and the manuscript additional tagset
       b) start a public consultation about
          omissions/additions/corrections of tags and tagsets
         (coordinated by SB)
       c) release a table of contents for P5

   3. in 3/2003, we make a public statement about where the TEI is
      going with regard to W3C standards, linking etc; it is clear
      at this point how P5 is going to work.

   4. from 01/2003 to 06/2003, P5 is on the table and open
      for dissection

   5. at the end of 06/2002, P5 is stabilized and is open for content editing

   6. In 12/2003, we release a beta version of P5, for publication in
      2004

[The whole of this note on P5 is on the TEI-Council archive, at:

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archive/tei-council/0242.html ]