drop dead date for TEI CD for Tubingen

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jun 29 01:48:10 EDT 2002

Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 10:51:23AM +0900, Christian Wittern wrote:
>> > any special requests? it has most of the TEI web site,
>> > a slew of XML software, sample texts, and back issues of TEI-L
>> > and TEI-TECH.
>>
>> I'd like to see a XML version of P4, will that be possible?
>
> if you defined more precisely what you mean. I can deliver
> it in TEI Lite, but that loses a lot of contextual information.
>
> how would you use it?

For one thing, I would like to convert it to use it in my palm.  For
that purpose, XML in TEI Lite form would be much easier to digest than
the HTML you serve on the Website (which, BTW looks really nice now
with the headings and side bar).  I might even try to put it in *info*
format...

Also, I would use it as a demonstration of TEI itself, which I think
would be more convincing than ODD.

All the best,

Christian

--