Fwd: FW: Your Xlibris Submission

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Thu Apr 18 14:33:09 EDT 2002

At 07:07 PM 4/18/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>I think this confusion has arisen because of the ambiguity of the word
>"page". Rightly or wrongly, Sebastian and I both thought they were talking
>about a printed page area of 5.5 * 8, not physical paper size. I don't
>think either of us even entertained the possibility -- we're so
>accustomed to hefting P4 around in A4 size paper.
>
>Do we still have Mr Omniprint's phone number?

Sure--if this is a show-stopper.  Is that the consensus?  Xlibris has not
cashed the check, as Ray points out, so we could shift back to
Omnipress.  The down side there, though, is

--higher upfront investment for TEI ($16,190 if we print 500 sets, which
seems like the smallest run we should contemplate)

--we are responsible for shipping and handling.

Upsides:

--they look like the old ones, and we know what that is
--cost to the end user might be lower (Omnipress charges us $33/set, if we
print 500).

We need to make this decision quickly, and I would like to hear from the
Board and the Council.  Please email me directly (jmu2m at virginia.edu) and I
will report--if you reply to this mail, your reply may bounce, as the mail
is going to two lists, and only a few of us are on (and therefore permitted
to post to) both.

John