error in edw54

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 17:57:48 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 10:52:56PM +0100, Lou Burnard wrote:
> "Care should be taken in selecting members to avoid geographic or other
> cultural imbalance. TEI Workgroups should always have members from at
> least two, and preferably from three, continents. This requirement may be
> waived in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Council."
>

> Council members please indicate asap whether you
>
> (a) approve the wording
> (b) approve the sentiment but wish to propose an alternative wording
> (c) disapprove of the proposed change

to be honest, I think that pure geographical imbalance is hardly
with bothering with. what you really mean is:

  Care should be taken in selecting members to avoid
  upsetting any grant-giving or similar political bodies.
  TEI Workgroups should always have members from the different
  grant-giving regions of the world.