neh workgroup (time-sensitive, please reply)

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 21 03:27:09 EST 2002

For possibly transient but currently pressing personal reasons, Chris
Powell feels she cannot take on the chairing of the NEH workgroup.  I have
told those who volunteered that we would be back in touch with them
soon--and that was some time ago--so there is some pressure now to appoint
a chair, and to choose one who will accept the appointment.  If we were to
select a chair from the repository representatives who have volunteered, my
choice would be Natasha Smith, from the libraries at UNC: she has lots of
energy, she's well organized, and she has experience working with TEI
collections.  Does anyone object to that choice, or wish to offer an
alternative?  Responses by Monday, please.

John