JPW

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Fri Feb 1 18:07:17 EST 2002

At 12:16 PM 2/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Lee Ellen Friedland

....was also a candidate in the recent elections, and it might be nice to
Consortium.  She has experience, as Perry points out, and she meets the
criterion Sebastian suggests, in that she has a stake in solving the
problem.  I haven't been in a committee setting with her, but my guess is
that she would be likely to get things done, and make sure that others did
as well.  And since the "large repository" problem is more a library
problem than anything else, an LOC person makes sense in terms of
community.  And NEH would probably be happy with the choice.

So, in order to move this along: any objections to asking Lee Ellen to
chair this workgroup?

John