Council's questions for the Board

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Thu Jan 17 18:00:36 EST 2002

At 09:57 PM 1/17/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>This comes down to the question whether TEI council members should be
>personally or via their organization members of the consortium, doesn't
>it. I think they should  - at
>least as long as individual membership is priced as it is now.

Actually, that question has already been decided, in the charter, which
says, under "fundamental principles":

"Participation in TEI-C activities should be open (even to non-members) at
all levels"

But I don't want to muddy the waters further: this is a question for the
Board to decide; I cc'd the Council on the original mailing because I
wanted you to know that, per our discussion, I had raised the question with
them.

John