Council meeting, January 12, 2002

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Jan 16 07:29:14 EST 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, John Unsworth wrote:

> Dear Council and Board members:
>
> The TEI Council met for the first time on January 12th, 2002,  in London,
> at Kings' College. The TEI Consortium is grateful for Board member Harold
> Short's assistance in arranging for the meeting venue. This is an interim
> and summary report on the meeting and its results, written on the plane on
> the way home, from the Chair's memory and notes: official minutes (taken by
> Geoff Rockwell, with corroborating notes by Merrilee Proffitt) will be
> posted to the Council for corrections and approval within the week, and
> added to the members' web site within two weeks.  If those minutes differ
> from what follows in any particular, the minutes should be considered the
> authoritative record.

Is it really necessary to delay adding these notes to the website for TWO
WEEKS? That hardly sounds like web-time to me!

I intend to post a brief announcement to the effect that the meeting took
place NOW, and would like to include in it a link to John's preliminary
summary of the business transacted (to which I have allocated the
number TCM00). The official minutes, when they appear, will be flagged as
such, and should by the way have document number TCM01.