Jan. 12 meeting reminder, details, agenda

Christian Wittern wittern at kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 7 19:20:58 EST 2002

Dear colleagues,

Just a short comment on Tone Meretes suggestions:

Within the Sinologist research communities across the Pacific Rim
(that is Taiwan, China, the United States and Japan), there has been
some effort to establish a standard for the exchange of metadata of
stone rubbings, bronze inscriptions and eventually also manuscript
data.

This effort has been stalled recently for a number of reasons,
not the least of them political.  I think it would benefit both these
researchers and the TEI to try to integrate these efforts with the
ongoing manuscript description TEI modules.

I wonder what the council members think about this and whether it
seems worth to pursue.  A follow up question would then be whether
this could fit in with ESTATE and the WG's suggested by Tone Merete,
or whether some separate WG would prove more efficient.

All the best,

Christian Wittern

--

 Christian Wittern