Jan. 12 meeting reminder, details, agenda

John Unsworth jmu2m at virginia.edu
Sun Jan 6 13:05:08 EST 2002

A few reminders, concerning the upcoming TEI Council Meeting:

Attendees:

The following thirteen people have said they expect to attend this meeting:
         Syd Bauman, editor
         Lou Burnard, editor
         Tone Merete Bruvik, executive director
         Matthew Driscoll
         David Durand
         Fotis Jannidis (?)
         Merrilee Proffitt
         Sebastian Rahtz, Board representative
         Geoff Rockwell
         Laurent Romary (arriving late)
         John Unsworth, Chair
         Perry Willett
         Christian Wittern

The following two people have said they will not be able to attend:
         David Birnbaum
         Tomaz Erjavec

If this information is incorrect, please let me know.

The meeting will take place on January 12th  (Saturday), beginning at 9:00
a.m., at King's College, London, in Room 27C (or Committee Room), Main
Building, Strand Campus, Strand, London WC2.  I expect our meeting to last
the better part of the day, but probably not all of the
afternoon.  Last-minute agenda items should be sent to me, if you have any
to suggest (the agenda as it currently stands is given below).

If you haven't arranged lodging, you may still want to consult the web page
that Harold Short put up on this topic, which can be found at
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/humanities/cch/tei/

On December 4th and 5th, respectively, I sent mail to TEI-L and to
Humanist, soliciting final comments on the P4 draft guidelines, to be sent
to me or to the editors by December 31st.  One set of comments was sent to
TEI-L by Hilde Bøe, Ellen Nessheim and Stine Brenna Taugbøl for Henrik
Ibsen's Writings, and I will shortly forward a copy to the Council, to make
sure you have it.  I haven't received any comments directly, but I expect
to receive some shortly from David Seaman, which I will also send to the
Council as soon as I have them.  If  the editors or individual Council
members have received (or generated) comments, these should be forwarded to
the Council by email as soon as possible, so that we all have a complete
set, and time to digest them before the meeting.

1. Charge to the Council from the Board, rules of operation for the
Council.  Information pertinent to this item can be found in the bylaws, at
http://www.tei-c.org/Consortium/TEIby-A6.html

2. A review of P4 and the comments of end-users.  The draft guidelines are
at http://www.tei-c.org/P4X/Status/.

3.  Workgroups needed; funding available for needed workgroups.

4.  the NEH grant (a copy of that, with budget, will be sent to the Council
shortly in another email).

5. The ESTATE project: letter of recommendation and workgroups related to
ESTATE.  A draft of the ESTATE proposal is available on the web at
http://www.hit.uib.no/TEI/ESTATE/ESTATE_2.PDF, and a description of the
partners is at http://www.hit.uib.no/TEI/ESTATE/parters.html (no "n" in
that filename...).

If there are other items that should be added to the agenda, please let me
know.

John

(tei-council at lists.village.virginia.edu) are archived on the web at
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/lists_archive/tei-council/.  This URL is