RE: On Eternal Recurrence

Litok384@aol.com
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:01:52 -0400 (EDT)

A circle has no starting point, it is just a circle without start or end. You
prefer to set a begin without an end? In that case there is something like a
continuous time flow. The circle model implies something different, I
suppose, the circle as a whole: there is neither forward nor backward,
neither up nor down, its center is only an illusionory point, invisible, but
evidently the fix-point.

-Litok

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: RTieger111@aol.com
Sender: owner-nietzsche@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
To: nietzsche@jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Date: 97-08-09 13:03:28 EDT

It's not really a contradiction to the Will To Power, because there was at
one time a first occurance, and then we willed everything that we're
repeating. Also, he even said somewhere (I forgot the exact citation), that
free will and the Will to Power are illusions, but necessary illusions at
that. If someone knows the exact citation, I'd be grateful.
Rich

--- from list nietzsche@lists.village.virginia.edu ---

--- from list nietzsche@lists.village.virginia.edu ---