Mr. Categorical Strikes Again

Steven E. Callihan (callihan@callihan.seanet.com)
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

Paul S. Rhodes wrote:

>I wish I could speak on behalf of the
>entire list that this estimation by N. of his own work is an example of, to
>put it very mildly, utterly unfounded arrogance, but, of course, I am all
>too aware of the extreme heterogeneity of "convictions" on this list to
>venture such a foolish, quixotic thing.

So you would have the whole list be of one mind (of an extreme _homogeneity_
of conviction), for how else might you wish to speak on behalf of it all. It
isn't merely that everybody has their own opinion that bugs you, but that we
do not, one in all, agree with you--I take it that what irks you, your
complaint, is that while disagreeing with each other on virtually
everything, we would seem to universally agree on one thing -- that we
disagree with you. Utterly unfounded arrogance, indeed.

Steve C.

--- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---