Re: ER as weltanschauung?

George Sherwood (steppen@lightspeed.net)
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 20:15:26 -0700 (PDT)

At 04:20 PM 6/6/97 CST, you wrote:
>George,
> I'm a bit dizzy from all you packed into your last post! Am still at
>work, so am not able to respond in full, but thanks to Steve's supplying
of the
>passage from "Nietzsche Contra Wagner" I can perhaps reiterate and
underline on
>one point: The passage states, "The Greeks were superficial--_out of
>profundity._" (and here Nietzsche also implicates his "initiates", being
>"too deeply burned" to wish to uncover, plumb after knowledge, and there
being
>nothing to discover in the depths that going-under would reveal--only a
>going-under.
>
> Ingrid

Ingrid, thanks for the note in the mean time. What you are saying is right
on the edge of my consciousness, but I still haven't fully grasped it. Is
there a modern example of someone we can use to put this in concrete terms?
Can we relate this to today in some way?

George
A man's maturity--consists in having found again the seriousness one had as
a child, at play" ~ Nietzsche.

--- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---