Re: SPOON-ANN: CFP:Lesbians Talking Sex

SHAHEENA (SHAHEENA@Prodigy.Net)
Wed, 28 May 1997 20:30:49 -0700

Fractal wrote:

> Faizi wrote:
>

> >PS--Funny, ain't it, how none of this has anything to do with lesbians
> >talking about sex?
>
> I'm not sure how much it has to do with Nietzsche either but that remains to
> be seen. Perhaps your discussion could benefit from pairing Nietzsche's
> thought with some of the anti-aethetic theory that claims him as an
> influence. I personally would be quite interested in such a discussion, but
> generalized "I feel this when I read Nietzsche" doesn't do a whole lot for
> me. No offense guys, just my own preferences.
>
> cheers,
>
> Fractal
>
> If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane.
>
> ---==>FRACTAL@wantree.com.au<==---
>
> --- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---

Then, I will keep my mouth shut and my fingers still and let you of
larger intellects do the talking. However, I do quite well know that
anti-aesthetics could claim Nietzsche as an influence. I am also quite
anti-aesthetic. I do not like to see beauty placated and devalued.

As for the "I feel this when I read Nietzsche" kind of discussion, I have
not engaged in that sort of psychological blatherskite. I do care, very
much, for creativity and for original thought. Quite a number of actors
and painters and writers credit Nietzsche's thought as being the initial
catalyst for the furthering of their own will to create.

I like to be provoked by question and I like to question. Question is
what I consider to be the essence of thought because it is through the
questioning of reason that things are deduced and stripped. I enjoy the
taking away of veneer; the letting down of masks.

When I speak of creativity, I am not talking about doing pretty little
water colors or writing some cute little love poems. I spent two years
completing a work of philosophy and am starting a two year project that
will be a novel. You cannot put yourself through the trauma of
completing a long work without delving pretty far under your own skin.

To me, fool that I am, one of the largest things I got from reading
Nietzsche is learning to stand on one's own feet. The creative man is not
an underling. By virtue of his mind, he is not subjected.

At the end of your posting, you said, "No offense, guys."

No offense, indeed. How could you offend me?

Faizi

--- from list nietzsche@jefferson.village.virginia.edu ---