Re: [sixties-l] Republican and Yippies are coming to New York (fwd)

From: StewA@AOL.COM
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:51:32 EST

    In a message dated 1/27/03 7:39:55 PM, wmmmandel@earthlink.net writes:

    << You don't give yourself, and your Chicago buddies of 1968, enough
    credit. It was the Sixties resistance in all its forms, including Martin
    Luther King at the far extreme from you, that reinforced in the American
    mind the notion that this has got to remain a free country. >>

    Berkeley Bill

    Aside from my little family, the contribution I and my pals made to American
    democracy is the great source of accomplishment and pride that I have. But
    the Bush Gangsters believe that what was created in the Sixties can now be
    destroyed. They certainly are targeting the culture of dissent and resistance
    that you and I helped create. With their Draconian new laws and their new
    scapegoat (domestic Moslems) they are on the offensive. I believe the
    Republican Convention will be a major event in their antidemocratic agenda. I
    also believe we can defeat them and come out stronger but we are going to
    have to be at our most creative, inventive and unsectarian best.--Stew

    Stew Albert
    stewa@aol.com
    Visit my web page: http://members.aol.com/stewa/stew.html
    Stew Albert's Yippie Reading Room