Re: [sixties-l] Marching With Stalinists (fwd)

From: drieux (drieux@WETWARE.COM)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 19:35:28 EST

    On Sunday, Jan 26, 2003, at 14:04 US/Pacific,
    sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu wrote:
    [..]

    > Marching With Stalinists
    >
    > http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25043-2003Jan21.html
    >
    > By Michael Kelly
    > January 23, 2003
    >
    > The left in America has for a long time now resembled not so much a
    > political movement
    > as a contest to see how many schismatics could dance on the head of a
    > pin, a
    > conversation that has gone from being national to factional to simply
    > eccentric. At some
    > point, progressive politics reached a state where freeing Mumia was
    > considered critical
    > and electing a Democratic president was considered optional.
    [..]

    I don't mean to be untoward - but isn't the patriotically correct
    policy that the anti-war types this time around are all being
    run by the super-duper-Iraqi-Sekret-Intelligence-Agency, and
    that only the Fox News types are buying this these that the
    anti-war types are all under the thumb of the stalinists, since
    that way proves that the Cold War is STILL ON!

    ciao
    drieux

    ---