Re: [sixties-l] Republican and Yippies are coming to New York (fwd)

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 23:22:00 EST

    STew:
         They will NOT try to crush the coronation. They realize that the
    American people still goes by the mantra: "It's a free country, ain't
    it?" YOu will be interested to know that it was my conviction that that
    was the case which explains my success in the witch hunt hearings in
    1952, 1953, 1960. My testimonies were based entirely on appealing to
    that conviction.
         They will try to intimidate people and disorganize their efforts so
    as to prevent the turnout at the coronation from being large. So we have
    got to nullify the Patriot Act and the HOmeland Security Act.
                            Your old buddy (older all the time),
                                                            Berkeley Bill

    > Republican and Yippies are coming to New York
    >
    > by Stew Albert

    > Do they know that there will be enormous demonstrations against the Naked
    > Emperor? Sure they do. They want them. And they want to crush them. The
    > protesters will become substitutes for authentic uncaptured terrible
    > terrorists. And the Republicans will show by their immense and limitless
    > cruelty, that they not only take care of business on Wall Street.

    My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Introduction by Howard Zinn),
    includes 200 pages on the Truman-McCarthy era, 1946-1960. I was called
    before all three witch hunt committees. Those pages describe how we
    nullified the laws of that day corresponding to the PATRIOT ACT and
    HOMELAND SECURITY operations today. You may hear/see my testimony before
    the witch hunters (used in six films and a play) on my website,
    http://www.billmandel.net
     The book is available through all normal sources. For an autographed
    copy, send me $24 at 4466 View Pl.,#106, Oakland, CA. 94611