[sixties-l] Re: [SNCC] National Women's Conference -- Houston 1977

From: Joanne P Gavin (wordswordjeandarc@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 03:29:20 EST

    Jo,
            I hope you got some of when the YAWF (Youth Against War and Fascism)
    women who, on the steps of the convention center, took on the Klan (one
    of whom opened his jacket to show an HPD badge) which was having an
    anti-lesbian demo, and after one of our African members from Buffalo had
    been insulted by them, or inside when we refused to sell literature to
    the Eagle Forum antifeminists who wanted to buy it only to destroy it,
    and one of them had a conniption fit over that. Or the excellent
    non-mainstream resolutions proposses by some of the third world women....
     All was not sweetness and light at that conference....

            I'll pass on the web info to an associate here who has web access.

            Joanne