Re: [sixties-l] Todd Gitlin Does the Boss Man's Work (fwd)

From: drieux (drieux@WETWARE.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 17:51:51 EST

    On Sunday, Nov 24, 2002, at 16:03 US/Pacific, Carrol Cox wrote:
    [..]

    > <http://www.publiceye.org/liberty/Countering_Repression.htm>
    >

    > Carrol Cox

    my compliments! In light of the current crisis of faith in
    the GOP - with the old school civil rights types willing to
    accept Lott's apology - it appears that we as Republicans
    are still working out what is and is not acceptable ....

    For some of the young republicans, this will be their first purge.
    For others, who remember learning the hard way that Nixon's
    "Secret Plan" either was a part of the 'liberal media hype'
    or really had always been to 'bug out'.

    Who knows, now that the Nixonite Southern Strategy has
    finally run it's course, as a nation we may finally decide
    that it is time to move on to voting on the issues. Then
    who knows what might come next. Arguing policy based upon
    the merits of the discussion....

    ciao
    drieux

    ---