[sixties-l] Republican and Yippies are coming to New York (fwd)

From: sixties@lists.village.virginia.edu
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 20:47:02 EST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:28:35 -0800
    From: radtimes <resist@best.com>
    Subject: Republican and Yippies are coming to New York

    Republican and Yippies are coming to New York

    by Stew Albert

    The Republicans are bringing their Coronation of the Emperor to New York
    City. Like Vampires they want to drink up whatever soul the city has left
    and sell 9/11 and the war on terror, as their private pocket of power. Four
    more bloody Bush years!

    Maybe Bush will accept the Republican nomination at Ground Zero? Maybe
    Giuliani will proffer the honor? The tragedy of 9/11 continuing in
    Afghanistan and Iraq and in our human and civil rights is red raw
    Republican meat.

    Do they know that there will be enormous demonstrations against the Naked
    Emperor? Sure they do. They want them. And they want to crush them. The
    protesters will become substitutes for authentic uncaptured terrible
    terrorists. And the Republicans will show by their immense and limitless
    cruelty, that they not only take care of business on Wall Street.

    They want us to come. And we must oblige. But in the time we have before
    the Republican Convention we must develop tactics that will leave them in
    the dust of their own mediocre confusion. We must resuscitate the great
    laughing spirit of Yippie.

    Intense harsh but shockingly clever and hilarious protest against the
    Emperor Bush that will make America laugh at him and see him in an
    unprogrammed state of his actual evil. Attack us then, you humorless
    Elephants of the GOP. And America will see you and him, in the unforgiving
    light of harsh truth. New York needs a cosmic joke. So does America. So
    let's start asking just what it is that the Yippies have up their sleeve.

    Stew Albert
    <stewa@aol.com>
    Visit my web page: http://members.aol.com/stewa/stew.html
    Stew Albert's Yippie Reading Room