[sixties-l] Up Against the Wall Motherfuckers...

From: John C Mcmillian (mcmill@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 16:09:49 EST

    Dear All,

    I'm advising a fascinating senior thesis here, "The Life and Times of Up
    Against the Wall Motherfuckers," about the famous lower east side
    anarchist collective of the late-1960s. I'm lucky to be working with a
    talented and energetic student, and this is actually the first study of
    its kind. (The senior thesis in Hist and Lit is in fact a pretty big
    deal; students work on the project for almost a year and they often make
    valuable and original contributions to the to the academic literature.)

    Anyhow, we're suffering the difficulty of a lack of sources. Accordingly,
    my student and I would both be interested in hearing from anyone at all
    who thinks they might have something to share about UATWMF or their
    milieu. This would include former members or associates, friends, or
    anyone who encountered them. I think we've done a pretty good job of
    finding the little bit of material that has been written about them already,
    but if anyone knows any unlikely or out-of-the-way sources, that would be
    wonderful too. Best to contact both me and my student together; I'm at
    mcmill@fas.harvard.edu, and Caitlin is at ccasey@fas.harvard.edu.

    Many thanks!

    John McMillian