[sixties-l] National Women's Conference -- Houston 1977

From: Jo Freeman (jfrbc@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2002 - 18:29:03 EST

    Twenty five years ago over 20,000 people gathered in Houston, Texas to
    celebrate International Women's Year and identify goals for women for
    the next decade. This was the first and only national women's conference
    to be sponsored by the federal government.

    I was a delegate to this confernce from New York State and took a lot of
    photos. I've posted a selection to my web page. You can view them at:
    http://www.jofreeman.com/photos/IWY1977.html

    Hope this brings back memories for some of you, and informs others on
    what you missed.

    Jo Freeman
    http://www.JoFreeman.com
    http://www.seniorwomen.com/authorpageFreeman.html