Re: [sixties-l] We are part of the problem

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 22:41:04 EST

    TJ: What on earth do those two things have to do with each other?
                                                                    Bill Mandel

    TODD JONES wrote:

    > "My argument for voting for Nader (where it was possible) was that it was
    > a way widely scattered progressives could say hello to each other across
    > the nation. That reason still holds." -- CC
    >
    > I hope the nice feeling that progressives got from saying hello to each
    > other makes all those
    > Iraqi deaths worthwhile. -- TJ

    My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999),
    was written for the general reader. However, if you teach in the social
    sciences consider it for student reading. It is a history of how the
    American
    people fought to defend and expand its rights in my lifetime, employing
    the form of the life story of one who was involved in most serious
    movements: labor, student, peace with the USSR, civil rights South and
    North, civil
    liberties (I seriously damaged the Senate Internal Security Committee,
    the McCarthy Committee, and the House Un-American Activities Committee
    with testimonies that may be heard/seen on my website,
    http://www.billmandel.net ), the RADIO OF DISSENT (37 YEARS ON
    PACIFICA),
    with very extensive information on its history) and the feminist
    movement,
    although I am male. The book contains some fifty pages on my late wife,
    Tanya, appearing appropriately throughout the book. They may be found in
    the index under Mandel, Tanya. My activities began in 1927. I am 85. The
    book
    is available through all normal sources. If you want an autographed
    copy,
    send me $23 at 4466 View Pl., Apt. 106, Oakland, CA. 94611