Re: [sixties-l] Re: we are part of the problem

From: Matthew J. Countryman (mcountry@UMICH.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 00:27:11 EDT

    As someone who held my nose and voted for Gore (because Michigan was a
    swing state), it's never clear to me why people choose to blame those who
    voted for Nader. It seems to me that the real culprits are the Bush
    brothers for effectively stealing the election in Florida as well as Gore
    for failing to attract more voters in places like Tennessee and West
    Virginia and for failing to use more aggressive tactics in post-election
    campaign in Florida.

    Matthew J. Countryman
    Assistant Professor of History and American Culture
    1029 Tisch Hall 1003
    University of Michigan
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109
    734 647-2434