Re: [sixties-l] Re: Suppose they gave a war, and nobody showed up

From: William Mandel (wmmmandel@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 23:02:08 EDT

    Why on earth do you accept Hollywood's unwillingness to abandon the Cold
    War (of course, Washington hasn't) as historic truth? The Russian press
    is full of articles by war veterans protesting "Enemy at the Gate."
                                                    William (Bill) Mandel

    --

    ======================================================== My autobiography, SAYING NO TO POWER (Creative Arts, Berkeley, 1999), was written for the general reader. However, if you teach in the social sciences consider it for student reading. It is a history of how the American people fought to defend and expand its rights in my lifetime, employing the form of the life story of one who was involved in most serious movements: labor, student, peace with the USSR, civil rights South and North, civil liberties (I seriously damaged the Senate Internal Security Committee, the McCarthy Committee, and the House Un-American Activities Committee with testimonies that may be heard/seen on my website, http://www.billmandel.net ), the RADIO OF DISSENT (37 YEARS ON PACIFICA), with very extensive information on its history) and the feminist movement, although I am male. The book contains some fifty pages on my late wife, Tanya, appearing appropriately throughout the book. They may be found in the index under Mandel, Tanya. My activities began in 1927. I am 85. The book is available through all normal sources. If you want an autographed copy, send me $23 at 4466 View Pl., Apt. 106, Oakland, CA. 94611 ========================================================